November 9, 1952

I couldn't concentrate at work today. I decided I needed a little pick me up. So, I went to see Nate. He didn't know what happened to my apartment. The owner of the record store let us go into the back storeroom. Nate let me cry and get out all of my emotions. Then he made me laugh. He has such a great sense of humor. He made me forget all about the fire. We sat there, talked, and laughed for what seemed like hours. When the store closed, we had to go home our separate ways. I wish the world understood what we felt for each other. Instead all they see is our skin color, and that it doesn't match. Inside that storeroom, the rest of the world is blocked out. And, it doesn't matter who or what we are.

I feel much better. I think I will sleep well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment