June is for Weddings

I'm not a huge fan of weddings (or showers), but of course I don't let that stop me attending when a friend gets married. I attended such an event yesterday. The wedding ceremony was located on a gorgeous spot on a golf course over looking a canyon. It was quite windy, though. So, those pin curls that I tried to do the night before (only my second time doing them) were completely wrecked by the end of it all. But, I shouldn't complain. It wasn't my day.

The wind didn't deter the couple. They were all smiles. The bride wore a beautiful cream mermaid style dress with small bead work throughout the gown. The reception was fairly large with seating both in door and out where it wasn't quite as windy. By the time we arrived, the seating outside was taken. So, we sat at the long tables inside facing the large sliding doors to the patio area. There were a few people I knew, a few people I've only seen on social media, and many more that I met.

The reception was bustling with noise as people chatted and laughed, having a great time. The food was delicious with bbq'd steak and chicken. And, the favors were useful both at the reception and at home, being stemless wine glasses. All and all I had a good time. I had three friends accompany me so that I didn't have to go stag. And, I'm glad that my friend found his partner in life.




















5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I'm not a huge wedding/shower person myself.. but it is fun to get dressed up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind weddings but it's really awful when you don't get along with one of the ones getting married but are going with your other half. I was verbally attacked with huge amounts of venom by the drunken bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How awful! I didn't know the bride in this case. So, I guess I was doing ok. :)

      Delete
  3. You look very pretty! And I agree, weddings are kind of special to go to. A lot of people you don't know and a bit akward.

    XO,

    Simona

    ReplyDelete