December 30, 1952

I came home from work to find my front door to my apartment slightly open. I was so scared to walk in, but didn't have anyone nearby I could call out to. There was nobody in the apartment, but it had been completely ransacked. I just stood there and cried. I called Eddie first. He told me not to do anything until he came over. He didn't want me to call the police. He said there would be nothing they could do. I don't understand why he didn't want the police involved, but I did as he said. He said that he would stay at my apartment for a couple days, and I would stay at his home, in case the intruders came back. Before I packed, we went through the apartment to make sure nothing was missing. I couldn't find anything that was. I don't know what the intruder wanted with my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment