April 28, 1953

I spent the entire day looking for work. I got a job at Liebman's on Cumberland Street. I start on Monday. It pays $35 a week. I also took the county exam, but I won't know the results for a few weeks. I really would prefer to work for the county. It would be a little more money, and it would be steady work. But, in the meantime I have the Liebman's job.

On the way back to my motel room, I picked up a magazine. There was an article about Princess Elizabeth who will be crowned Queen of England on June 2nd. The article talked a lot about her personal life; her interests, hobbies, and her personality. I learned a lot about her I didn't know before. I didn't know she loved to dance and like American musicals. I guess when I think about royalty, I think of them being rather stuffy. There was even a cute picture with her and her son Charles. I found the article quite interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment