May 9, 1953

I had a great time at the dinner last night. It was a bbq dinner. Most of us ate outside. All of the girls in my department were there. They brought their friends and family. I felt a little out of place at first because most were older than me. But, everyone was so nice. Ruth, one of the girls I work with, introduced me to her nephew. He is so dreamy! His name is Keith. He loves cars, and drives a hopped up rod. He talked a bit about his car. He said his deuce has a bent eight and is jacked up. It's funny all the different words he used to describe his car. I've never heard them before. Of course, I've never been around a hot rodder before. It was very exciting.

I feel very smitten.  He never asked for my phone number, though. I guess he didn't like me. I don't know if I will get to see him again, but I hope that I do. Until then I don't think I will ever stop thinking about him.



No comments:

Post a Comment