New Things Coming to My Etsy Shop Soon

Half of the work is done. I got this batch of stuff photographed, thanks to a dear friend who modeled for me. Now I have to find the time to list everything. Hopefully, I'll be able to do it soon. In the meantime, I wanted to give you all a little sneak peek. All of this stuff is from my closet. Most of it I bought with the intention of wearing, but never did. I've been doing a lot of purging over the last several months, trying not to refill as quickly as I purge. I still have a bin of older stuff (from the 50s & 60s) that I can't yet bare to part with, though it no longer fits me. You may see that stuff in the near future - or maybe not. 


Oh, how I had to have a capelet! Because the long black cape with the mink collar wasn't good enough. I needed one that I could wear with jeans. The problem is, it never came out of my coat closet. Sure it's cute, but I just never wore it.



Another jacket I had to have. Everyone else looked cute in their brown leather jackets. So, I wanted one too, but I couldn't just go down to the store and find any ol' jacket. I had to search and search to find the right jacket that wasn't brand new. I even got this dry cleaned, which wasn't cheap. I just couldn't figure out what outfits to wear it with. By the time I did, it had become snug.



Once again everyone had the cutest off white dresses. I wanted one too. Trying to find one was harder than I had thought it would be. I even found booties to go with this dress. Those were never worn either, and I sold those recently.



I did eventually give up trying to look like everyone else, and got something that I wanted to wear. I wore this blouse mostly with a v-neck sweater. But, I got two similar blouses. It became time to sacrifice one.



Not all things are 20+ years old.  I got lots of compliments when I wore this Anthropologie sweater, but haven't worn it in a year. It is time to move it along. Though, because it is newer, it will be sold on EBay.


Another cape that I never wore. I ordered this from Tulle, and never took the tags off. Again, an item that just sat in my closet. It was a hard decision, but I decided it must go.


When I am able to list these items (and more), I'll make another post. In the meantime, I'll think about parting with those other items, and see what else I can purge from my closet. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment