May 1, 1953

Tomorrow is my first day at my new job. It will be nice to get back on my feet. I have decided that I am going to change certain things in my life. The first step was the job. I will have a little more financial security from now on. I'm not going to rely on other people to pay my way. I want to start getting in shape as well. I am determine to start exercising daily. I need to take care of my health. I've read all about these reducing diets, and I think that they will help me achieve the shape I want.

One book I picked up is Family Circle's Reducing Diet Guide. It has different menu plans from 1000 calories to 3000 calories. I don't know which one  I am going to do yet, though. The food choices aren't bad. For breakfast the book suggests eating 1/2 grapefruit, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 melba toast, and a beverage. For lunch it suggests a sandwich with 4 oz of chicken breast, 2 thin slices of bread, lettuce and tomato, and skim milk. A dinner suggestion is 6 oz roast beef, 1/2 potato, 1 cup beets, lettuce and tomato salad, a tangerine, and a beverage. I think I can do that! It even has some recipes to follow in the back. But, I'll have to get a place with a kitchen first. And, I can't do that until I start making money.






No comments:

Post a Comment