Falling in love...

It was love at first sight. Well, love at first sight of photo. I knew once I saw the photo that I'd never love another as much. This was the one for me. If only the love was mutual.

No, I'm not talking about a person (those of you who know me knew better). I'm talking about a car. A 1954 (or 53) Buick Skylark to be exact. This is one sexy car. Just look at that tail!  I have fantasies of me driving down the road with the top down in a black model with red interior. And of course, nothing beats the the thrill of driving a classic V8. I finally got to see one in person in Reno, NV (and Sparks) a couple years ago at Hot August Nights. It is one event I look forward to each year, though I don't get to go as much as I'd like. The Skylark sitting in the row of cars that year, of course, caught my eye. I practically ran to it, knocking people out of my way, while an orchestra played Tchaikovsky's Fantasy Overture in the background. Once there, I had to wipe the drool from my mouth. The owner had completely restored it from the chassis up. They had photos showing each step that was made in restoring this car. I waited around not wanting to leave my love. But, sadly the time came when we had to part. Fortunately,  I was able to talk someone into taking a photo of us together so that I could always remember the good times we had.











No comments:

Post a Comment