Vintage Cosmetic Colors

We all have our favorite red lipstick. My favorite is Lancome's Rouge Radiance. It is a very vivid red with a hint of metallic sheen. Of course, though, this color isn't very authentic. So, I've been on a quest to find a suitable vintage color.

One of the companies that has been around for the last 60 + years is Revelon. And, they do still make a few of their vintage colors. Two of the colors that I tried a while back (but sadly threw them away. Had I known that they would one day be a blog post, I would have kept them), were Cherries in the Snow and Fire and Ice. These are very bright colors, and on me look very pink; Barbie pink. I started to give up. But, then I came across this picture on a blog:


Armed with this list, I headed off to the drugstore. I had to go to three stores before I could find Certainly Red. I also bought Luminous Pink. The other colors scared me. They looked like they would be a little too pink, and Hot Coral looked very orange. I compared Love That Red to Certainly Red, and decided that Love That Red still had too much pink in it. I took my two lipsticks, and the two nail polishes, and went home. Here are the results.

Luminous Pink and Certainly Red


Top: Lancome Rouge Radiance
Middle: Certainly Red
Bottom: Luminous Pink

Raven Red and Cherries in the Snow


Cherries in the Snow and Raven Red

I don't know how to paint my nails very well. So, just ignore the bad job. I think that I can make the Certainly Red work with a little bit of lip pencil, but I don't know if this defeats the purpose of buying the color. Also, I think Cherries in the Snow makes a better nail color than lip color. Overall I'm happy with this round of authentic vintage colors.

What do you think? What are your favorite vintage colors? Is there another brand that has been making the same color over the years? Let me know.






3 comments:

  1. Do you know where I might find LancĂ´me Rouge Radiance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was many years ago. So I am not sure they still make it. If they do, you should be able to find it at any department store that carries lancome. But, I would check lancome's website to see if they still carry this color.

      Delete